Proud owner of a shiny new MVP Award!

I was nominated for an Microsoft MVP Award (Architect) many weeks ago. I always wanted to be an MVP, but never really thought I would get one. It always seemed like something other people got. Authors, freelancers, etc. And with limited awards to go around, I felt for a long time that my freelancer friends (remember I work for a not so souless corp, I ain't no freelancer) should get them only because MVP awards have a major effect on their personal marketing and visibility.

But I was nominated, and I felt honored just for that. Then the weeks started to slowly slide by. I was on pins and needles the whole time. I would obsessively check my email at all hours (even more than normal). There were days when I would check my office snail mail four or more times (even though we only get one delivery per day!) The only thing that helped pass the time was Oblivian (see dave's post).

Today I got in late (helpng a client deploy a BizTalk application), and finally checked my email. There, sitting in it's 'no yet read red text' was an email telling me of the award. I of course yelled out, wa-hoo! Several people from down the hall came into my office to find out what the excitement was about (assuming perhaps a lottery win?).

So now I am an MVP/Architect. I just feel so honored. I have worked hard in the community over the past few years. I do it out of love for technology, and love for the local community. I just love going anywhere and talking about any technology. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the support of my family, and the support of my colleagues, and my company. They give me the time and resources (money, travel, etc.) I need to be active.

Again, I say thank you. Dave.Drew.James.Jim.Nate.Keith.and many others.

-bhp

Comments

Jim Holmes said…
That's terrific news, Brian! Congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell

How does an Architect pack?

Job security is a myth, and how IT Pros are Thriving