“Azure in Action” with Chris Hay

For some time now I have been working on a book with Chris Hay titled “Azure in Action”. The book will be published by Manning, hopefully around March 2010. We only have a few more chapters to write, and then we start the long editorial process. But I know many of you can not wait until March to get the book.

hay_cover150[1] This is where the MEAP comes in. MEAP stands for Manning Early Access Program, and it allows readers to read the first chapter for free, or buy the book now. If you buy the book early you get access to the draft chapters as they are written, and get access to an authors forum to provide us feedback on the book, and get questions answered.

I was in the middle of writing another book for Manning when I mentioned that I was surprised they didn’t have a dedicated book for each part of the Windows Azure Platform. Later I found out this simple little comment set off a flurry (well, maybe a passel) of activity in setting up the other books in the series, and finding the write authors. They had arranged for Chris Hay to write the Azure book, and he was kind enough to invite me to help him write it.

It has been a blast (but a lot of work) so far, and I can’t wait to see it on paper.

There are currently three chapters online now, and we are close to releasing a new set of chapters. If you are interested in Azure, this may be the book for you.

Comments

I got the book and did not even realized that you are an author.

Have enjoyed available chapters.
Greg Malcolm said…
Heh, I knew you and Chris were both working on books, but I had no idea it was the same one! Look forward to checking it out...
Chad said…
Keep up the good work. I have sincerely enjoyed this title. I look forward to the rest of it as it becomes available.

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell

How does an Architect pack?

Job security is a myth, and how IT Pros are Thriving