Yet Another Conference Posting

No, this isn't about CodeMash, but there is big news for that as well right now.

I am at a local conference today. It is usually an OK conference, but it's not for developers, but for project managers. Usually, when I am at a conference, I write or talk about what sessions I am going to, and what I am learning, etc.

Not today. Today I paid $15 so I could get on the wifi, and use some free time to either play NWN2, or blog, of something.

I will listed with an ear or two, but there are only two sessions I am really excited about.

One of the biggest barriers I have seen to the adoption of agile practices is the PM's who think that they lose a job/control. In my experience, there is ten times as much planning on the project. It's that outside view (especially by PMs) that agile/xp is about cowboy programming. That it's just a revolt of developers against structure and process. That is so wrong on so many levels.

At this PM conference, there are several sessions on agile project management. Once our PMs went to these sessions a year or two ago, we were much better in our execution.



-bhp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell

Job security is a myth, and how IT Pros are Thriving

How does an Architect pack?